What is Hair Loss
Hair loss is very common nowadays in both men and women. It occurs due to many reasons such as heredity, hormonal changes, stress, inadequate diet and changing lifestyles.
Treatment for hair loss depends on the severity of hair loss. It can be a spreading of hair outbreaks which can be confirmed with the help of tricogram test.
Child reflects the entire personality of the person. An experienced dermatologist should be consulted before starting anything. He will analyze your scalp type and accordingly, you should choose the kind of shampoo that you want to prevent hair loss and you should be careful.
Causes of Hair loss
There are various reasons for baldness: –
- Treatments such as chemotherapy can in some cases cause severe hair loss for baldness.
- Aging is also a major factor that causes male pattern baldness. As we stop new growth of our hair and over time the existing hair falls which causes baldness.
- A variety of genetic environmental factors play a role in androgenic alopecia.
- Male and female baldness patterns are related to hormones called androgens.
- Androgens also have other important functions in both men and women, such as regulating child development and sex drive.
- Male pattern baldness is caused by genetic susceptibility of hair follicles to DHT, which causes them to shrink or shrink.
- Hormonal factors are important factors in balancing male hormones.
Stress, anxiety, depression, social phobia etc. can also cause baldness.
- Local skin infection or scalp infection or any type of fungal infection or tumor can also cause baldness.
What basic tips one should follow to avoid hair loss
Shampoo ph should be balanced and gentle. Keep the shampoo on your scalp for 5 to 7 minutes and then wash off. One can also use a light conditioner on the hair shaft. Make sure you do not use too much shampoo, oil or heavy serum on the hair
Should apply shampoo that has UV protection and should be light and ph balanced. Conditioners with UV protection are also available nowadays. Avoid the sun as it is very harsh and can make your hair lifeless and brittle so protection is very important.
What are the Hair loss treatments?
Treatment for hair loss depends entirely on the cause of hair loss. There can be many reasons for hair loss. We cannot cure hair loss without knowing its cause.
Normal hair loss is 50 to 100 per day in adults, which is normal hair loss.
Another common hair loss is telogen effluvium which is commonly known as diffuse hair loss. Hair loss can usually occur due to deficiency factors such as anemia. Post pregnancy, hormonal problems. The major cause of telogen effluvium is the changing lifestyles which are not taking protein, minerals and vitamins properly.
Pattern baldness can occur which is caused by an increase in androgens, in both men and women, and the condition is commonly known as male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness.
Nowadays treatment varies from minoxidil 2% to 10%, topical stem cell therapy; Injectable stem serum and growth factor, PRP (plasma rich platelets) are also gaining popularity.
These treatments are given with the help of meso guns which are also done with the advice of a dermatologist. The specific dose of the product is injected at a specific depth to cover the area.
Typically, multiple sessions are required. Typically in the case of anemia, hair loss or telogen effluvium dietary supplements, antioxidants, minerals, beta keratin, essential protein supplements and iron are required. Topical cuticle repair or growth factors are given.
Oral hormonal therapy is usually given for pattern baldness. Anti-testosterone medications are routinely given to control the increase in androgens. The product filasteride is 1 ml given on a long-term basis. Results are seen only after 9 months to 1 year.
Combination therapy: – Mesotherapy or PRP and both topical and oral can be combined to give clients the best results.
These are all non-elimination methods and require constant maintenance for pattern baldness.